Freediving is often considered extreme snorkeling, however is really just the breath-hold part of snorkeling. It is a sport that is accessible to people of all ages and backgrounds, as minimal equipment is required; you just need water and a little willpower! Freediving can open up the spectacular underwater world to you and gives you a much deep sense of self.
Kathryn Nevatt has been freediving since 2005. Kathryn has consistently ranked as one of the world’s best competitive freedivers for the last 10+ years and has taught hundreds of freedivers at all levels.
Kathryn is featured in 'The Breath Connection'
Here at Freedivers we offer:
- Education to learn to snorkel safely and with confidence
- Learn to breath effectively and hold your breath
- Opportunity to improve your breath hold improved dive and relaxation techniques.
- Training to teach your body to conserve oxygen and cope with carbon dioxide build up
- On-going coaching for competition
Plus you’ll be coached by Kathryn Nevatt, who has consistently ranked as one of the world’s best competitive freedivers for the last 10+ years and has taught hundreds of freedivers at all levels.
Competitive freedivers test the limits of their abilities in events based on time and distance in the pool and depth in open water. The world’s best are diving to depths greater than 120m and have static breath holds up to 11 minutes.