Freedivers are currently offering several course options in the Queenstown Lakes District as listed below. All courses are provided on an “on request” basis at a time organised to suit you. Please contact Freedivers now for more information or to make a booking. Also see our calendar for timetables
- Snorkelling skills
- Introduction to Freediving course
- Remote coaching
- Personalised private coaching
- Regular training sessions
- Special events and competitions
- General Notes
Two hours in the pool.
Learn how to use snorkelling gear efficiently and a few handy hints to prepare you for a safe and satisfying tropical island holiday (minimal emphasis on breath hold).
One day course, pool only.
Learn the physiology of breath holding and how to stay safe. See how long you can hold your breath and learn techniques to freedive effectively.
For competitive freedivers from around the world who want to increase performance, tailored to suit your skill level. This is not suitable for beginners. Divers should already have a good understanding of freediving and be involved in regular training sessions.
Please contact Kathryn for more information.
Tailored to suit your requirements.
Queenstown Freediving Club trains at Queenstown’s Alpine Aqualand, Wanaka Pool and in summer you’ll find us in the local lakes too. We’re also just helping an Invercargill club get up and running.
Please contact Kathryn for more information or join the Club on Facebook.
Pre-requisite: Introduction to Freediving course, Queenstown Freediving Club Intro or equivalent.
Please see the calendar section of this website for more information
- Open water components may not be available over cold winter months and are always weather dependant for your safety.
- Courses require a minimum of 2-3 participants depending on location and course type and group numbers are limited.
- Private courses can be arranged on request and courses can be easily adapted to suit your needs.
- Gear is not provided as part of the course and should be hired from your local dive shop. Always ask to try before you buy anything.
- If you want to be kept up to date with planned events around New Zealand, email us at info@Freedivers.co.nz to be added to the mailing list.